Thursday, June 12, 2008

I'm on my way...


Yikes, are you singing that Proclaimers song in your head now? :)

I'm in too much of a good mood at the moment though, I've actually gotten my Chinese Visa!!!!

The pick up was for this morning and I decided to come into work and use my lunch break time to head over to East Perth and brave the line into the consulate. The Collections line is usually much shorter and a pal from work, Anne M very kindly offered to give me a lift (such a sweetheart!)

As usual, the line in front of the Visa Application window was 25 people outside the entrance (and a lot more inside!), but the Collections line only had two people waiting. I had to bring a copy of my residency visa, but then all was okay, the girl behind the counter moved to get my passport from the stacks she had in front of her and $50.00 later, I had my passport in my hands and the biggest grin on my face.

Every day, I'm getting closer and closer to China... I can hardly believe it!

1 comment:

topia7 said...

Woohoo!
So close, how exciting. Congrats!