Thursday, August 7, 2008

Exploring Beijing


Yesterday was all about getting my Olympic tickets from CoSport, the official ticket sellers to the Games.

While I had initially thought that I might have to catch cabs to get to a lot of the Olympic venues, I was pleasantly delighted to find out that Beijing has a fast and efficient subway system, and a lot of sites and tourist locations are easily accessible via the Underground. The cost of each ride is about 2 yuan or AU$0.33, so very affordable indeed.

I got all my tickets, including my Equestrian request - which is at the Hong Kong Equestrian Centre...in Hong Kong. Whoops! :) Yeah, that's a souvenir :)

I then decided to have a look at the Olympic Green, but it seems the new subway line to the Green is not yet open to all the public - just officials and volunteers at this stage. You can get out at Beituchung subway station though and take a walk up, but it's a pretty big hoof and the Beisihuan Expressway eventually ends up blocking the transit through. I got a picture with the Nest though! And I found out that you have free public transport for the day you hold a ticket to any of the Games, and that'll definitely come in handy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! Nice bird's nest. Stay safe Jude & keep blogging :)
Jx